Roots pump is a kind of vacuum pump without internal compression. It is a vacuum pump that realizes air extraction by moving gas under the pushing action of synchronous and reverse rotation of a pair of “8” shaped rotors in the pump cavity. Generally, the pumping rate is large and the power of the motor is small, so the front pump is required to pre pump. After the front pump reaches the specified vacuum degree, start the roots vacuum pump to improve the pumping speed and vacuum degree. Its structure and working principle are similar to roots blower. During operation, its suction is connected with the evacuated container or the main pump of vacuum system. There is no contact between rotors of Roots vacuum pump and between rotors and pump casing.
The running parts in the pump have no friction, no lubrication, and there is no oil in the pump cavity, so a clean vacuum can be obtained.
two leaf involute cycloid profile, high-precision machining to ensure smooth and quiet operation.
the gas in the pump chamber flows vertically, which is conducive to the discharge of dust and condensate in the pumped gas.
. The high-strength rotor with complete symmetry and precise dynamic balance operates stably and reliably.
high precision gear, imported bearing, low vibration and noise.
the new omni-directional three-dimensional water-cooling jacket design can effectively cool the pump body and greatly prolong the service life of the pump.
the overflow surface can be plated with shackles, Hastelloy and PTFE, which can adapt to corrosive environments with different strengths.
it is convenient to form roots vacuum unit with liquid ring vacuum pump, rotary vane vacuum pump and dry vacuum pump.
——Oil and gas recovery. ——Biological medicine ——Food Processing —— Single crystal furnace
——Vacuum forming ——Vacuum flame refining ——Electronic photovoltaic. ——Semiconductor synthesis
|Pumping Speed L/S
|Maximum allowable differential pressure (Pa)
Vacuum pump is used in the field of chemical and pharmaceutical factory
General Manager Speech
Deeply cultivate the vacuum technology, and research,develop and manufacture the vacuum equipment to provide the best solution in the vacuum field and make the vacuum application easier.
ZheJiang Kaien Vacuum Technology Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise integrating R & D, production and operation of vacuum equipment. The company has strong technical force, excellent equipment and considerate after-sales service. The product manufacturing process is managed in strict accordance with IS09001 quality system. It mainly produces and sells screw vacuum pump, roots pump, claw vacuum pump, runoff vacuum pump, scroll pump, water ring vacuum pump, vacuum unit and other vacuum systems.
New plant plHangZhou
The company’s products have been for a number of food, medicine, refrigeration, drying plants and a number of transformer related equipment manufacturers for vacuum equipment. The products are widely used in vacuum drying and dehydration, kerosene vapor phase drying, vacuum impregnation, vacuum metallurgy, vacuum coating, vacuum evaporation, vacuum concentration, oil and gas recovery, etc.
High precision machining equipment
The company cooperates with colleges and universities to research and develop core technologies, and owns dozens of independent intellectual property patents. Adhering to the basic tenet of quality, reputation and service, the company takes leading-edge technology of vacuum pump as its own responsibility, and wholeheartedly serves customers of vacuum equipment application in various industries with rigorous working attitude and professional working style.
Product quality wins consumer cooperationIn shipment ISO 9001
|Oil or Not:
|Entrapment Vacuum Pump
What Are the Advantages of Using Piston Vacuum Pumps?
Piston vacuum pumps offer several advantages that make them suitable for various applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages of using piston vacuum pumps:
1. High Vacuum Levels:
– Piston vacuum pumps are capable of achieving high vacuum levels, making them suitable for applications that require deep vacuum conditions.
– They can create and maintain a vacuum in the range of millitorr (10-3 Torr) to microns (10-6 Torr).
2. Low Flow Rates:
– Piston vacuum pumps are designed to handle low flow rates efficiently.
– They are suitable for applications where a steady and controlled evacuation is required rather than high-volume pumping.
3. Compact and Portable:
– Piston vacuum pumps are relatively compact and lightweight compared to other types of vacuum pumps.
– Their compact design allows for easy installation in limited spaces or portable applications where mobility is required.
4. Oil Lubrication:
– Many piston vacuum pumps utilize oil lubrication for smooth operation and to maintain airtight seals.
– The oil lubrication also helps to cool the pump by dissipating heat generated during operation.
5. Wide Range of Applications:
– Piston vacuum pumps find applications in various industries and processes.
– They are commonly used in laboratories, research facilities, pharmaceutical production, vacuum drying, vacuum filtration, and other applications that require moderate vacuum levels and low flow rates.
– Piston vacuum pumps are often more cost-effective compared to other high-vacuum pumps such as turbomolecular pumps or cryogenic pumps.
– They provide a reliable and affordable solution for achieving vacuum requirements in many applications.
7. Easy Maintenance:
– Piston vacuum pumps are relatively easy to maintain.
– Regular maintenance tasks include checking and replacing lubricating oil, inspecting and cleaning valves, and ensuring proper sealing.
– Routine maintenance helps to prolong the lifespan of the pump and maintain its performance.
– Piston vacuum pumps are known for their durability and long operational life.
– They are designed to withstand continuous operation and handle demanding vacuum conditions.
– With proper care and maintenance, piston vacuum pumps can provide reliable performance over an extended period.
– Piston vacuum pumps can handle a wide range of gases, including inert gases, corrosive gases, and vapors.
– This versatility makes them suitable for diverse applications in different industries.
In summary, the advantages of using piston vacuum pumps include their ability to achieve high vacuum levels, handle low flow rates, compact and portable design, oil lubrication for smooth operation, wide range of applications, cost-effectiveness, easy maintenance, durability, and versatility. These advantages make piston vacuum pumps a popular choice in various industries where moderate vacuum levels and controlled evacuation are required.
What Industries Commonly Rely on Piston Vacuum Pumps?
Various industries rely on piston vacuum pumps for their specific applications and requirements. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Manufacturing and Industrial Processes:
– Piston vacuum pumps find extensive use in manufacturing and industrial processes across different sectors.
– They are commonly employed in vacuum packaging, where they help create a vacuum environment to preserve and extend the shelf life of food products.
– In the automotive industry, piston vacuum pumps are utilized in brake booster systems to provide the necessary vacuum for power braking.
– Other industrial applications include vacuum molding, vacuum drying, vacuum distillation, and vacuum filtration.
2. Pharmaceuticals and Medical Industry:
– The pharmaceutical and medical industry extensively relies on piston vacuum pumps for various critical processes.
– These pumps are used in pharmaceutical manufacturing for vacuum drying, solvent recovery, and distillation processes.
– In medical applications, piston vacuum pumps are utilized in vacuum suction devices and medical laboratory equipment.
– They are also employed in vacuum autoclaves for sterilization purposes.
3. Research and Laboratory Settings:
– Piston vacuum pumps are commonly found in research laboratories and scientific facilities.
– They are used for creating vacuum conditions in laboratory equipment such as vacuum ovens, freeze dryers, and vacuum desiccators.
– These pumps are crucial for applications like sample preparation, material testing, and scientific experiments requiring controlled environments.
4. Electronics and Semiconductor Manufacturing:
– The electronics and semiconductor industry heavily relies on piston vacuum pumps for various manufacturing processes.
– They are utilized in vacuum deposition systems for thin film coating, such as physical vapor deposition (PVD) and chemical vapor deposition (CVD).
– Piston pumps are also employed in vacuum furnaces for heat treatment processes in semiconductor fabrication.
– Other applications include vacuum packaging of electronic components and devices.
5. Food Processing and Packaging:
– Piston vacuum pumps play a significant role in the food processing and packaging industry.
– They are used for vacuum packaging of perishable food items, preventing spoilage and extending shelf life.
– In food processing, these pumps assist in vacuum concentration, freeze drying, and deaeration processes.
6. Environmental and Waste Management:
– Piston vacuum pumps find applications in environmental and waste management sectors.
– They are used in vacuum systems for wastewater treatment, including processes like aeration, filtration, and sludge dewatering.
– Piston pumps also assist in industrial and municipal waste management systems for vacuum collection or transfer of waste materials.
7. Other Industries:
– Piston vacuum pumps have diverse applications in additional industries:
– They are used in the glass manufacturing industry for vacuum lifting and handling of glass sheets or products.
– Piston pumps find application in the printing industry for vacuum feeding and ink transfer systems.
– They are employed in the power generation industry for steam condenser evacuation and turbine sealing systems.
In summary, piston vacuum pumps find widespread use in industries such as manufacturing and industrial processes, pharmaceuticals and medical, research and laboratory settings, electronics and semiconductor manufacturing, food processing and packaging, environmental and waste management, as well as in other sectors like glass manufacturing, printing, and power generation.
Are There Oil-Free Piston Vacuum Pump Options Available?
Yes, there are oil-free piston vacuum pump options available. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Oil-Free Technology:
– Traditional piston vacuum pumps use oil as a lubricant and sealant in their operation.
– However, advancements in vacuum pump technology have led to the development of oil-free piston vacuum pumps.
– Oil-free piston pumps are designed to operate without the need for lubricating oil, eliminating the risk of oil contamination and the need for oil changes.
2. Dry Running Operation:
– Oil-free piston vacuum pumps achieve lubrication and sealing through alternative means.
– They often utilize materials such as self-lubricating polymers or advanced coatings on the piston and cylinder surfaces.
– These materials reduce friction and provide sufficient sealing to maintain vacuum levels without the need for oil.
– Oil-free piston vacuum pumps are suitable for a wide range of applications where oil contamination is a concern.
– They are commonly used in industries such as food and beverage, pharmaceutical, electronics, laboratories, and medical where a clean and oil-free vacuum environment is required.
– The primary advantage of oil-free piston vacuum pumps is their ability to provide a clean and oil-free vacuum.
– They eliminate the risk of oil contamination, which is crucial in sensitive applications such as semiconductor manufacturing or pharmaceutical production.
– Oil-free pumps also simplify maintenance since there is no need for oil changes or regular oil monitoring.
– While oil-free piston vacuum pumps offer advantages, they also have some considerations to keep in mind.
– They may have slightly lower ultimate vacuum levels compared to oil-lubricated pumps.
– The absence of oil as a lubricant may result in slightly higher operating temperatures and increased wear on piston and cylinder surfaces.
– It’s important to select an oil-free piston vacuum pump that is suitable for the specific application requirements and consider the trade-offs between performance, cost, and maintenance.
6. Alternative Pump Technologies:
– In some cases, where oil-free operation is critical or specific vacuum levels are required, alternative pump technologies may be more suitable.
– Dry screw pumps, claw pumps, or scroll pumps are examples of oil-free pump technologies that are widely used in various industries.
– These pumps offer oil-free operation, high pumping speeds, and can achieve lower vacuum levels compared to oil-free piston pumps.
In summary, oil-free piston vacuum pumps are available as an alternative to traditional oil-lubricated pumps. They provide a clean and oil-free vacuum environment, making them suitable for applications where oil contamination is a concern. However, it’s important to consider specific application requirements and explore alternative pump technologies if necessary.
editor by CX 2023-10-27